Last modified: 27 October 2016
1. Welcome to My House Geek!
Use of the expression “MHG services” includes MHG services delivered via the MHG website and app.
4. Electronic Contracting
Your use of the MHG services includes the ability to enter into agreements and/or to make transactions electronically. You acknowledge that your electronic submissions constitute your agreement and intent to be bound by and to pay for such agreements and transactions. Your agreement and intent to be bound by electronic submissions applies to all records relating to transactions you enter into on our website and app, including notices of cancellation, policies, contracts, and applications. In order to access and retain your electronic records, you may be required to have certain hardware and software, which are your sole responsibility.
5. Your Account
As a user of MHG services, you may establish an account (“Account”). Do not reveal your Account information to anyone else. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your Account and for all activities that occur through your Account. MHG will not be responsible for any losses arising from the unauthorised use of your Account.
You agree to provide accurate and complete information when you register with, and as you use MHG services, and you agree to update your registration data to keep it accurate and complete. You agree that MHG may store and use the MHG registration data you provide for use in maintaining and billing fees to your Account.
6. MHG online purchase procedure
6.1 Purchase request information
When you purchase MHG services, you must supply your name, email address, bank card number, expiration month and year, CVC and any other purchase information as specified on our website or app.
6.2 Purchase request approval and rejection
After receipt of your purchase request, we will at our discretion accept or reject your offer to purchase. We may reject your purchase request for a number of reasons including but not limited to insufficient funds in your bank account.
6.3 Delivery of MHG services to you
Important points about your purchase request:
- We are not required to give reasons for rejecting your offer to purchase MHG services.
- If we reject your offer to purchase our services for any reason, neither party will be under any further liability to the other arising out of your original offer or our non-acceptance of that offer.
- Delivery of MHG services to you will be effected in the manner described on the MHG website or app.
- You will not be able to use MHG services until payment has been received.
- Payment must be effected in the manner described on the website. Prices are inclusive of goods and services tax.
- MHG services are offered for sale only to persons who can make legally binding contracts.
7. Cancellation due to error
You acknowledge that despite our reasonable precautions, MHG services may be listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to a typographical error or other oversight. In these circumstances, we reserve the right to cancel the transaction, even though your purchase has been confirmed and your bank card has been charged. If a cancellation of this nature occurs after your bank card has been charged for the purchase, we will immediately issue a credit to your bank account for the amount in question.
8. Disclaimer of warranties: liability limitation
You may have rights under statutory consumer protection laws including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). The following disclaimer of warranties and liability limitations apply subject to any rights you may have under such laws.
8.1 Service interruptions
MHG does not guarantee, represent, or warrant that your use of MHG will be uninterrupted or error free.
In addition to any other provision of this Agreement, MHG and any of its licensors reserve the right to change, suspend, remove or disable access to any MHG services, content or other materials comprising part of the MHG service at any time without notice to protect its legitimate interests. In no event will MHG be liable for making these changes. MHG may also impose limits on the use of or access to certain features or portions of the MHG service or stop a MHG service altogether, in any case and without notice or liability to protect its legitimate interests. Our disclaimer will survive termination.
8.2 MHG services available “as is”
You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the MHG service is at your sole risk. The MHG service is delivered to you “as is” and “as available” for your use, without warranties of any kind and this includes express or implied warranties and all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non infringement.
Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, the above exclusion of implied warranties may not apply to you. In addition, under the Australian Consumer law, there are certain consumer guarantees that cannot be excluded, including guarantees as to merchantability, fitness for purpose, supply by description, repairs and title.
8.3 Exclusion of liability
In no case will MHG, its directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, or licensors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages arising from your use of any MHG service or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the MHG service, including but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content (or product) posted, transmitted or otherwise made available via a MHG service.
8.4 Your information
MHG will use reasonable efforts to protect information submitted by you in connection with the MHG services, but you agree that your submission of such information is at your sole risk, and MHG disclaims any and all liability to you for any loss or liability relating to such information in any way.
8.5 Viruses and security breaches
MHG does not represent or guarantee that MHG services will be free from loss, corruption, attack, viruses, interference, hacking, or other security intrusion, and MHG disclaims any liability for these occurrences.
You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing the MHG website and/or app does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system.
You acknowledge that despite all reasonable precautions on our part, there is a risk of unauthorised access to or alteration of your transmissions or data or of information contained on your computer system or on this website. We do not accept responsibility or liability of any nature for any such losses which you may sustain as a result of such activity.
For the removal of doubt, we do not accept responsibility for any interference or damage to your own computer system which arises in connection with your use of MHG services.
8.6 Liability limitation
Certain legislation, including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), may imply warranties or conditions or impose obligations upon MHG that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. These terms must be read subject to these statutory provisions. If these statutory provisions apply, to the extent to which MHG is entitled to do so, MHG limits its liability in respect of any claim under those provisions to:
In the case of services, at MHG’s option:
- supplying the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
9. Waiver and indemnity
By using MHG services, you agree, to the extent permitted by law, to indemnify and hold MHG, its’ directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, principals, and licensors harmless with respect to any claims arising out of your breach of this agreement, your misuse of MHG services, or to the extent permitted by law any action taken by MHG as part of its investigation of a suspected violation of this agreement or as a result of its finding or decision that a violation of this agreement has occurred.
You agree that, to the extent permitted by law you cannot sue or recover any damages from MHG, its directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, principals and licensors as a result of MHG’s decision to remove or refuse to process any information or content, to warn you, to suspend or terminate your access to MHG services or to take any other action during the investigation of a suspected violation or as a result of MHG’s reasonable conclusion that a violation of this agreement has occurred. This waiver and indemnity provision applies to all violations described in or contemplated by this agreement.
10. Specific warnings
10.1 Illegal access
You must ensure that your access to the MHG website and app is not illegal or prohibited by laws that apply to you.
10.2 Australian law
Details contained on the MHG website and app relating to MHG services have been prepared in accordance with Australian law and may not satisfy the laws of any other country. We do not warrant that the details on the MHG website or app concerning MHG services will satisfy the laws of any other country. It is your responsibility to determine whether these details satisfy the laws of the jurisdiction where you reside (if that jurisdiction is outside Australia) and if the details do not satisfy the laws of your jurisdiction, you may not order any services from the MHG website and/or app.
10.3 Exclusion of CISG
10.4 Accuracy of information and service offering
We do not give you any assurances that any information contained on the MHG website or app will be suitable for your purposes or that it will be error-free. You agree that you will not rely on the any such information or its availability and that any reliance you make will be on your own independent assessments with the aid of qualified independent advice.
We do not accept responsibility for any loss suffered as a result of reliance by you upon the MHG services, the accuracy or currency of information contained on the MHG website or app.
Responsibility for the content of advertisements appearing on this website (including hyperlinks to advertisers’ own websites) rests solely with the advertisers. The placement of such advertisements does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement by us of the advertisers’ services and each advertiser is solely responsible for any representations made in connection with its advertisement.
11. Intellectual property
You agree that the MHG service, website and app contains proprietary information and material that is owned by us, and is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including but not limited to copyright. You agree that you will not use such proprietary information or materials in any way whatsoever except for use of MHG in compliance with this Agreement. No portion of the MHG service may be reproduced in any form or by any means, except as expressly permitted in these terms. You agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the MHG service in any manner, and you will not exploit the MHG service in any unauthorised way whatsoever, including, but not limited to, by trespass.
Copyright in the MHG website and app (including text, graphics, logos, icons, sound recordings and software) is owned or licensed by us.
- adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of MHG’s website or app; or
- commercialise any information, services or services obtained from any part of MHG’s website or app, without our written permission.
Except where otherwise specified, any word or device to which is attached the ™ or ® symbol is a registered trademark.
If you use any of our trademarks in reference to our activities, services or services, you must include a statement attributing that trademark to us. You must not use any of our trademarks:
- in or as the whole or part of your own trademarks;
- in connection with activities, services or services which are not ours;
- in a manner which may be confusing, misleading or deceptive;
- in a manner that disparages us or our information or services (including the MHG website and app).
14. Termination for breach of terms of sale
- terminate this Agreement and/or your Account; and/or
- terminate the license to the MHG service; and/or
- preclude access to the MHG service (or any part thereof).
15. License of MHG services
15.1 License only
The software services made available through MHG are licensed, not sold to you.
15.2 Binding agreement
You acknowledge that the license to each MHG service that you obtain, is a binding agreement between you and MHG. Your license to each MHG service is subject to your prior acceptance of this Licensed Application End User License Agreement (“Standard EULA”), and you agree that the terms of this Standard EULA will apply to each MHG service that you license through MHG unless that MHG service is covered by a valid end user license agreement between you and another MHG provider, in which case the terms of that separate end user license agreement will govern.
Your license to any MHG service under this Standard EULA or separate end user license agreement is granted by MHG, and your license to any Third-Party service under this Standard EULA or separate end user license agreement is granted by the Application provider of that Third Party service.
Any MHG service that is subject to the license granted under this Standard EULA is referred to as the “Licensed Application”. The Application Provider or MHG as applicable (“Licensor”) reserves all rights in and to the Licensed Application not expressly granted to you under this Standard EULA.
15.3 Scope of license
This license granted to you for the Licensed Application by the Licensor is limited to a non transferrable license to use the Licensed Application on any device that you own or control. This license does not allow you to use the Licensed Application on any device that you do not own or control. You may not distribute or make the Licensed Application available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices at the same time.
You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, transfer, re-distribute or sublicense the Licensed Application and, if you sell your device to a third party, you must remove access to the Licensed Application from the device before doing so. You may not copy, decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify, or create derivative works of the Licensed Application, any updates, or any part thereof (except as and only to the extent that any foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law or to the extent as may be permitted by the licensing terms governing use of any open-sourced components included within the Licensed Application). Any attempt to do so is a violation of the rights of the Licensor and its licensors. If you breach this restriction, you may be subject to prosecution and damages.
The terms of this license will govern any upgrades provided by Licensor that replace and/or supplement the original Licensed Application, unless such upgrade is accompanied by a separate license in which case the terms of that license will govern.
15.5 Consent to use of data
You agree that the Licensor may collect and use technical data and related information including but not limited to technical information about your device, system and application software, and peripherals that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, service support, and other services to you (if any) related to the Licensed Application. The Licensor may use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify you, to improve its services or to provide services or technologies to you.
16.1 The MHG website and app
The MHG website and app may contain links to other websites or apps (“linked websites and apps”). Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained.
We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices associated with linked websites.
Our links with linked websites should not be construed as an endorsement, approval or recommendation by us of the owners or operators of those linked websites, or of any information, graphics, materials, services or services referred to or contained on those linked websites, unless and to the extent stipulated to the contrary.
16.2 To this website
Except on the terms of any access agreement separately agreed by us, we give no licence to exercise any intellectual property rights in anything (including information and content such as films, sound recordings, literary works and artistic works, whether in a material form or not) on or accessible via the MHG website or app (“materials”).
Without limiting the preceding sentence, any uses or disclosures (including reproductions and communications to the public) of any materials by you and by any controlled persons must be subject to you:
- ensuring that those uses and disclosures are undertaken at your and their own risk, including the risk of being sued for intellectual property infringement or misleading or deceptive conduct;
- ensuring that all links to any materials are never presented or useable in a way where the presentation or use of the link does not make it obvious to a viewer or user of the links or linked materials that the source of the materials is this website;
- ensuring that anyone that accesses our materials through a link on your website or app does not circumvent limits (including technological restrictions and as to location) applying in respect of the materials were the materials to be accessed or sought to be accessed directly from our website or app rather than via your links; and
- being otherwise subject to our directions, including any take down, cease or desist directions.
17.1 How we handle emails
We will preserve the content of any email you send us if we believe we have the legal requirement to do so. Your e-mail message content may be monitored by us for trouble-shooting or maintenance purposes or if any form of email abuse is suspected.
17.2 Security of information
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information. You agree that you will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything that might put the security of your account at risk. We reserve the right to remove your username or similar identifier in respect of your account if appropriate. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of this website.
18. Governing law
21. Third-party data usage
MHG incorporates Features of Interest data © 2016 Copyright and Disclaimer Notice and incorporates Administrative Boundaries © PSMA
Australia Limited licensed by the Commonwealth of Australia under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence (CC BY 4.0). MHG fuses data from the following providers:
- Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority, available at http://asl.acara.edu.au. Licenced under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0).
- Australian Government Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, available at http://www.aihw.gov.au/hospitals/australian-hospital-statistics/. Licenced under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia (CC BY) licence.
- Australian Government Department of Communications and the Arts.
- ACT ACTION Bus Service, available at https://data.gov.au/dataset/action-bus-service-gtfs-feed-act. Licenced under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia.
- ACT Government Education Directorate.
- ACT Government, available at http://data.gov.au/dataset/location-of-act-schools. Licenced under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia.
- NSW Government Department of Education, available at https://data.cese.nsw.gov.au/. Licenced under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) licence.
- NSW Government Transport for NSW, available at https://opendata.transport.nsw.gov.au/site/en_us/home.html. Licenced under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
- NT Government Department of Education.
- NT Government Department of Lands and Planning, Public Transport Division, available at http://data.gov.au/dataset/journey-planner-data-nt. Licenced under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia.
- QLD Government Department of Education and Training, available at https://schoolsdirectory.eq.edu.au/. Licenced under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia (CC BY) licence.
- QLD Government Transport and Main Roads, available at https://data.qld.gov.au/group/82cb68ff-c621-4837-978b-891a4239a630?organization=transport-and-main-roads. Licenced under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia (CC BY) licence.
- SA Government Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure, available at http://data.sa.gov.au/data/dataset/adelaide-metro-general-transit-feed. Licenced under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0).
- SA Government Education and Early Childhood Services Registration and Standards Board of South Australia.
- TAS Government Department of Education.
- TAS Government Metro Tasmania, available at http://www.metrotas.com.au/community/gtfs/.
- Universities Australia, available at https://www.universitiesaustralia.edu.au/australias-universities/university-profiles. Licenced under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.
- VIC Government Department of Education and Training.
- VIC Government Public Transport Victoria, available at https://www.data.vic.gov.au/data/dataset/ptv-timetable-and-geographic-information-2015-gtfs. Licenced under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International.
- WA Department of Local Government and Communities.
- WA Government Transperth, available at http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/About/Spatial-Data-Access.
This service includes GeoLite2 data created by MaxMind, available from http://www.maxmind.com.